Bro Burns has served on staff at First Baptist Bay Springs with Bro. James Sprayberry for the past 11 years. Bro. Burns has a BA in Christian Education from New Orleans Theological Seminary. He and his wife, Dawn and their two girls, Makayla and Hope have relocated to Sumrall, Mississippi to begin missionary activity under the name of Day Star Baptist Mission.
To build relationships with individuals and families in the community with the sole purpose of having the opportunity of sharing the GOOD NEWS of JESUS CHRIST’S Sinless Life, Death, Burial, and Resurrection. To disciple individuals with the doctrines, commands, promises of God’s Word and to encourage men to be godly fathers and to be the spiritual leaders of their family.
• I plan to get my family relocated and settled in our new home.
• I plan on meeting people and attempting to get to know them.
• I plan to find means of community service for my family.
• I plan to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ with the lost.
• I plan to ask individuals to share with me their personal testimony of when they came to know Christ as their Savior. I, in return, will gladly share my testimony with them, too.
• I plan to encourage individuals to go through a one on one discipleship program with me or someone who has been through the discipleship program.
• I plan to encourage and support parents, especially fathers, to be the spiritual leader in the home and to understand their role in equipping their family. Deuteronomy 6:4-9; Ephesians 6:4
• I plan to continue taking an active role in my family’s life as a husband, father, and spiritual leader. Pray that God and my family will always be my number one priority.
• Introduce myself to people in the community and share with them my plans of planting a church.
• I will seek out ways to become active in the community such as coaching ball, volunteering, or start an after school program etc…
• In my process of building relationships, I will seek the Holy Spirit’s guidance in asking individuals about their relationship with Jesus.
• I will set aside time to meet with people regarding discipleship whether it be at their house, our house, or at a meeting spot.
• I will be focused on encouraging the men I disciple to have scripture displayed and discussed in the home. I will encourage them to have prayer time with the family and encourage them to ask their family members to share their personal testimonies occasionally with them.
• My prayer is that my personal relationship with Christ and my family will always be my main priority.
Please pray for our family as we start this new journey of faith!
In His Service